What were the most viewed posts on the A Life’s Work blog? Glad you asked.
The list is a little misleading, because some posts have been up for a lot longer than others, and so naturally will have more views. Still, a few posts are telling, like 2 and 13, which lit up the stats because they were so timely.
- Paolo Soleri at Dome House: A Clip
- “The definition of life has just expanded”
- Unquantifiability of a Place, Part 1: A Clip
- The Redwoods: A Longer Clip
- Images from the MacDowell Colony
- It Was 50 Years Ago Today: A Clip
- This Post Is For You, Gearheads! (by Andy Bowley)
- Hardest/Easiest Work Environments So Far in 2010 (by Andy Bowley)
- Thank You
- About the Filmmaker
- Mike Disfarmer and A Life’s Work
- 10 Ways to Support A Life’s Work
- Top 10 Gospel Christmas Songs (by Robert Darden)
- Sunset and Sunrise in Arcosanti, AZ: 24 Hours Amidst a Sea of Arcology (by Niall David)
- SETI’s Jill Tarter on Gender Bias in the 1950s: A Clip
Apparently, you like clips (1, 3, 4, 6, 15) and you like guest bloggers (7, 8, 13, 14). You also like to be thanked or you like to Google names (9) and you like photos taken at a mysterious artist residency (5).
Why should you care? Because I want to make this blog an interesting experience for you, Dear Reader. And this is one way of figuring out how to do that. But the best way is if you actually tell me. So go ahead, tell me! What do you like? What would you like to see more of? Less of? What would you like that isn’t up there?
And what were my favorite posts? Well, they’re all my children, so I don’t have favorites. But I would add to the above list these (in no particular order):
- Searching for Gospel Vinyl – A Clip
- Why Would a 21-Year-Old Be Interested in A Life’s Work? (by Haroon Butt)
- Why Do I Keep This in My Wallet?
- What a D.P. Sees (by Andy Bowley)
- And Now a Quiet Moment (by Karen O’Reilly)
- “Against the ruin of the world, there is only one defense: the creative act.” (by Robert Darden)
- Blue Mountain Center… & The Great Escape?
- Marvin Gaye and A Life’s Work
- Who Am I Making This For?
- What If We Never Search?
I like guest bloggers, too (2, 4, 5, and 6). If you’d like to be one, contact me and we’ll work something out.
I also like posts that generate comments, whether that’s on the blog or Facebook or my personal e-mail. So drop me a line.
And Happy New Year. All the best to you and yours in 2011.